Thursday, January 20, 2011

Q&A: When I flip the lightswitch up sometimes quickly it makes a mild audible pop, like a mild spark. Why?



Your Ad Here





Question by Yoeuse Joane: When I flip the lightswitch up sometimes quickly it makes a mild audible pop, like a mild spark. Why?

Is there a problem with my lightswitch? I had an electrician put in a new lightswitch in Febraury, March sometime.

My last lightswitch was arcing, this one he put in was a lot bigger, and he said it was heavy duty.

I noticied later on when sometimes i flip the lightswitch up sometimes it will make an audible pop, almost like a spark.

Is something wrong with my lightswitch?




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by blamay22000
Yes, the contacts are getting burnt. Replace it. You might also have someone do a current check on it if it has been replaced. Sounds like the switch isnt big enuff for the current draw.





Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment